Residentials – therapeutic breaks on Arran
Therapeutic breaks at Meadowbank
Here, in a secluded, rural location with beautiful views and a mile from the sea, I provide bespoke therapeutic breaks tailored to your own particular needs.
You might be in a difficult relationship, experiencing bereavement or loss, living with anxiety and/or depression, be stuck with negative behaviours – or just want to work through some existing issues. I welcome you to take courage and face your fears here in the tranquility and privacy of Meadowbank on the Isle of Arran.
I will help you:
- Let go of negative patterns
- Reset yourself into a positive framework
- Express your emotions and share your feelings
- Develop coping mechanisms for the future
For an informal chat or to make an initial enquiry about therapeutic breaks at Meadowbank please contact me by phone on 07876 441833.
We offer 4 or 5 day therapeutic & creative breaks, involving:
- One or two therapeutic/creative sessions each day – negotiated prior to and during your stay and designed to address your specific needs. Most sessions will be at Meadowbank but could also be walking & talking in the landscape or along the coast.
- Accommodation – your own double bedroom overlooking the valley, along with an adjoining private toilet and shower room. You also have full access to our comfortable living room, dining room, kitchen and garden.
- Time to yourself each day – to reflect, explore, read, create or relax.
- Morning and evening meals – a cooked or continental breakfast and a two-course hot evening meal – meat, fish, veg or vegan. We will accommodate any dietary or special requirements wherever we can (advance notice would be greatly appreciated.)
”My stay in Isobel’s home on Arran was exactly what I needed. The daily therapy sessions greatly supported me in making some difficult decisions that had been on my mind for a while. The house and the beautiful surroundings are the perfect place to retreat to, and it provided me with the space that I needed to reflect on my issues. I had such a peaceful and relaxing time with some empowering memories that will stay with me forever.”
D. Age 32
Staying at Meadowbank
Meadowbank is a traditional cottage set back from the road in the small settlement of Torbeg, surrounded by open fields and hills, with a fantastic view of the Goatfell mountain range.
We have peace and tranquility here; thick walls, charming interiors, stunning views, red squirrels, many birds at the feeders; and all wrapped around by the picturesque Shiskine valley.
The village of Blackwaterfoot, with its long sandy beach and local amenities, is a 15-20 minute walk away, or a few minutes by car or bike.
Visitors are provided with towels and wash products. A washing machine and drying area is also available.
We currently do not have fully accessible facilities, but we have plans in progress to provide these in the future.
Getting here and getting around
Arran’s ferry services are provided by Calmac, the main route being Ardrossan to Brodick – we would expect you to make your own travel arrangements but will be happy to advise as necessary. Travel insurance is highly recommended in the event of ferry cancellation/severe weather. In such an event, your break at Meadowbank would be re-arranged for another suitable date.
Transport to and from Meadowbank and the island’s ferry terminal can be arranged, so a car is not essential during your stay here – many visitors to Arran travel to Ardrossan by train or leave their car at paid-for parking at the ferry terminal on the mainland.
Lockable storage is available at Meadowbank if you wish to bring a bike, however fully-serviced push bikes and good quality helmets are also available here for your own use during your stay.
- Off road parking is available on-site.
- My partner Jim works from home, so he will also be around the house some of the time.
- No smoking in the house thanks.
- We are sorry that we cannot accommodate dogs as we have sheep nearby, and our drive is open to the road.
- Post-Covid, rooms are deep cleaned, and all hard surfaces are disinfected before and during your stay.
4 day therapeutic break – fully inclusive of sessions, accommodation, meals and travel to and from the ferry.
£780 per person
5 day therapeutic break – fully inclusive of sessions, accommodation, meals and travel to and from the ferry.
£970 per person
Terms and Conditions
A 25% deposit is required at least 4 weeks before arrival. The deposit will be non-returnable if cancellation is made less than 4 weeks before the date of arrival.
The remainder of the fee is payable on arrival.
Payment can be made by Bacs, through Paypal or by cash.